30 October 2009

Orange County Engagement Photography - Kristina and Mike

if boulder colorado had an ocean...

ahww... if only...

our conversation moved from one thing to the next, while they both continued to glow & smile. after dating for a number of years, we talked about how it is inevitable that someone at their wedding will make a comment like "it's about time" or "mike & kristina finally pulled the trigger..." but, at the end of the day, what matters most is kristina & mike's decision; their decision to take on this life together. and in the middle of it all, they are still the two young hearts that met at school years ago.

with mike still living in denver, i had yet to meet him, prior to the shoot. my nerves were settled as soon as we shook hands and i realized his heart was just as kind as kristina's. it would be a good afternoon.

so, we strolled down town san clemente, made our way to calafia, and called it a night after one rockin' engagement shoot. kristina & mike, i can't wait for the big day next spring!!

kristina-and-mike-blogllage-04

kristina-and-mike-blogllage-05
one of the first photos of the day, and kristina is already calm, collected, and ready to work it.
2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-1

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-5

kristina-and-mike-blogllage-01

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-22

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-33

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-42

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-52

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-55
kristina asked if i could shoot the two of them dancing in the tide... uhmmmm, yes please.
kristina-and-mike-blogllage-02

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-85

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-117

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-119

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-93
okay... so, i couldn't resist. we stopped off at kristina's apartment in between locations, for a quick wardrobe change. because he has had nowhere to store it, kristina's living room has now become home to mike's fish tank. when asked to snap a couple frames of the aquatic escape, i was actually thrilled.
kristina-and-mike-blogllage-03
mike... the fish tamer ;)
2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-129

2009-10-11-kristina-and-mike-65

click here to view my portfolio. click here to contact me. or, follow me on twitter.

13 comments:

  1. LOVE me some Gabriel Ryan, great stuff friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this session. One of my fav's on your blog!!! Love your work. Did I say Love? yep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, and LOVE her hair! I've been searching for color inspiration to take to my stylist tonight, and this is IT! Gorgeous couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these photos. Way to capture their personalities. They look super sweet and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang guy! you make my work look good! always love working with you. These look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with jamie on this... I'm a big fan!! :) Hope your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful set. So captivating and so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! I love every one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! I LOVE her purple shoes!! ;)

    ReplyDelete