26 August 2009

Backyard Wedding Photography - Sarah and Jeremy

if you follow me on twitter, or if you saw their laguna beach engagement shoot, you probably already know the love affair i have for our new friends sarah & jeremy.

and when it comes to jumping in front of the camera, they know how to work it.

so, when we made the short jaunt up the coast to redondo beach for sarah & jeremy's backyard wedding, we were nothing short of excited. and as with most backyard weddings, we rolled up the driveway to a home busting with energy; caterers heating up the kitchen, family members dialing in the finishing touches, the occasional bridesmaid dancing from one room to the next, and the bride anxious to meet her groom.

i walked through the threshold, and sent carlie upstairs to check with the girls. shortly after, i grabbed my bag of gear and hiked the second story to the bridal suite, to find sarah, the bride, patiently waiting on the edge of the bed; calm amidst a storm of energy.

she was ready for him.

as the day rolled on, carlie & i felt the blessing to partake in such an intimate ceremony, and to work alongside some incredible vendors like brandon and his rockstar team from oc creative media.

and, at the end of the day, it was a simple story. it was about a boy that was on a journey through his own heart and about a girl whose passion for life is second to none. and it was about their excitement to take on their story together.

and, sarah & jeremy, make sure to have a red stripe for me and a virgin pina colada for carlie during what is sure to be a relaxing honeymoon in jamaica.

i love how they incorporated these eclectic letters from urban outfitters.
2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0150

sarah_and_jeremy_blogtage_01

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0016

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0113

sarah_and_jeremy_blogtage_02



2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0104

when asked why he chose a purple shirt & tie, sarah's dad replied because it's her favorite color. that's one happy papa.
2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0247

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0252

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0332

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0350

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0163

sarah_and_jeremy_blogtage_05
who wouldn't love to shoot this couple, in AHHHH-mazing light down a rad alley in redondo beach?!?!
2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0392
some moments only happen once... and sometimes, only for a split second.
sarah_and_jeremy_blogtage_03

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0405
more editorial style wedding photography.
2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0413

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0456

2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0444
and it wouldn't be a gabriel ryan wedding without come cropped faces or a foot shot...
2009-08-22_sarah_and_jeremy-0465

sarah_and_jeremy_blogtage_04
enjoy the caribbean & see you soon.

if you are interested in seeing more of my work, you can view my portfolio by CLICKING HERE or if you might be interested in booking me to shoot you & your story CONTACT ME HERE.

20 comments:

  1. congrats! i'm not going to lie the shot of them praying totally made me cry! what an awesome way to start your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see contact links! Very Ninja like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a darling wedding! i adore the gently brilliant colors and handmade touches! snazzy b+g too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this wedding. So cute, laid back and warm. Love the lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wedding looks like it had such a fun, warm vibe to it! You guys captured such beautiful moments so well! Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous couple! they really know how to rock infront of the camera. I can't pick a fav I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are awesome! You guys rock as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boom! Nailed it as per usual.
    I dig the red stripe link as well mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOOVE. I always tune into your blog and just adore your images :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time here and I think I found heaven! Your photo's are a.w.e.s.o.m.e! The angels are inovative, adore the details and I'm in loooove with the feelings you capture! I'll be back, soon!
    Warmly,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there... I noticed you and your gorgeous wife at the oc smug last night and wanted to check your work out... amazing. Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome as always! Saw you guys as smugmug last night too.. it was my first time going. I was too chicken to go say "hi I stalk you blog" haha.. so I thought I would say hello here. But really, your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Your photos are amazing:) I thought I'd connect with you. I was at the Missional Photography class at Rock Harbor with Dane and recognized you and your beautiful wife at the smugmug meeting the other night. Love your creative spirit. Seriously...keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photo are really amazing. I am a rock harbor attender as well!! And also, a newbie wedding photographer heading into a new adventure. You are probably busier than ever, but if you ever are up for a chat I would love to pick your brain and talk with and experienced pro!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT photos! and what an adorable wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How can I find out where this gorgeous bride found those ADORABLE bridesmaids dresses?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also really would like to know where she got those dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these. I want some lemonade. What a fun couple. Love the socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. where are those dresses from?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seriously want to know where they got the bridesmaids dresses! LOVE this wedding btw. The colors and many of the details are exactly what I'm planning for my wedding.

    ReplyDelete