27 July 2009

Lincoln's Room

so i have finally decided what i want to do with lincolns room!! i have been so excited to decorate his room, the only problem was with all the previous ideas i had i knew i would change my mind later on and regret most of my design decisions. so i kept on looking and kept on brainstorming. anthropologie, urban outfitters and etsy were all my sources for inspiration. and i am so excited to share all my ideas with you!!

here is our color scheme. a little risky, but very fun!!!
babyrmcolors.pages

and here is some art that i am going to have made in gray and the other mustard yellow. they are made by sugarloop on etsy.

Tree Trunk Owl - Signed Giclee Art Print (A4 Paper Size) by sugarloop on Etsy

Chocolate Brown Owl Signed LIMITED EDITION Giclee Art Print (A4 Paper Size) by sugarloop

and this is the mobile we are getting except of butterflies she is making one with owls!!! it's made by the incredibly talented royalbuffet. i can't wait to see it!!!

Wordy Butterfly Mobile by royalbuffet on Etsy

and one last thing to show you is the lamp. oh how i love the lamp. i'm going to put a bright solid red shade on it! it's from urban outfitters.

UrbanOutfitters.com > Snail Lampbase

so thats some of it!! i'll post more photos once the room in finished which will hopefully be in the next 2 months.

18 comments:

  1. SOOOO cute and oh so fun!! :) LOVE that newspaper mobile! I cant wait to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely obsessed! of course your inspiration for the room would be that amazingly cool....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is going to be so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm obsessed obsessed obsessed! I am so excited to design with you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are some awesome ideas. I love the mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have UH-MAZING style. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man. i am dying to see the final product. lincoln is going to be the raddest kid in the OC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it Carlie! Lincoln's room is going to be so stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color scheme...I have been obsessed with the color mustard yellow lately! Can't wait to see After pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. heeeeeyyyy-ooooohhhh!!!! what a color combo! wanna guest blog on JL DESIGNS now? :) you got an eye girl! can't wait for baby boy to see his new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those colors! And that snail lamp is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I flipping love your work (and design for the nursery) - here is a link to another fab-u design blog that may provide further inspiration as you go!

    http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/07/the-nursery-makeover-begins-on-video/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your work, and these colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me of my favourite childhood poem, The Owl and the Pussycat, by Edward Lear... its a nonsense poem I read to my son Noah who is now 2, still it brightens my day and makes him laugh, so 2 'owls' with one stone so to speak. If you get a chance, read it and enjoy, its hard not to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! the butterflies are so beautiful! very creative!

    ReplyDelete